I Started This Company In The Philadelphia Suburbs To Eliminate Everything That Sucks About Remodeling
And I Was Wildly Successful
You can break down all the crap in the remodeling industry into 3 categories.
- Spotty (or non-existent) communication: If you’ve ever had any remodeling project done in your home, you know exactly what we’re talking about…
- Sloppy workmanship: It doesn’t matter how awesome the product is – one worker having an ‘off’ day can result in an expensive project falling flat.
- Lack of stick-to-itiveness: Somewhere along the way the ball is dropped, projects fizzle out, loose ends are left loose, and time and money disappear into a black hole.
We invested A LOT of time, money, and effort to come up with the perfect solution to completely get rid of each of these (seemingly) unbudging problems.
What we realized is that each of these problem areas was a symptom of a larger issue – the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. So we dug deep.
Here’s what we came up with:
An App That Makes Communicating The DEFAULT MODE
Over 9 years we invested well over a million dollars into creating this app. And it’s the best thing we ever did.
- The app tracks our customer’s remodeling projects in real-time provides them with instant updates and lets them communicate with us instantly any time of the day or night:
- Our customers can contact us at ANY time of the day or night – and we respond to them, even as late as 9 or 10 PM
- They can instantly tell us how they feel with a happy face emoji or sad face emoji
- Customers don’t need to pick up the phone and speak to a person – this allows them to be more honest and tell us about small issues before they blow up
No Subcontractors* + Selective Hiring Process = A+ WORKMANSHIP
We don’t hire subcontractors. Not ever. There is absolutely no circumstance that would cause us to ever hire a subcontractor…for many good reasons:
- Legally, we can’t tell subcontractors how to do their jobs
- We can’t run drug and background checks on subcontractors
- We can’t guarantee the quality of work done by subcontractors
We only hire employees who make it through our selective hiring process, which includes:
- Extensive drug and background screening
- Multiple interviews to gauge their attitude and values
- Character references and business reference
All this takes a LOT more effort than just hiring a bunch of sub-contractors and calling it a day. But this is the ONLY right way to hire people who genuinely care about doing a great job.
Read more about our workmanship standards
Project Managers Who MANAGE
Almost every company has an employee who has the title ‘project manager’. But what does that even mean?
In most instances, all it means is that the employee gets paid more to do less. It’s all too easy for ‘supervising’ to become a euphemism for ‘being very busy doing nothing.’ That’s why we make it clear to our project managers that they are the ones responsible for pulling the entire project together.
If something goes wrong, they’re accountable – and they need to make it right. They need to make sure everything goes smoothly. And most importantly, they need to make sure the customer is 100% happy with how the project is proceeding.
This does not leave much room for doing anything. In fact, our project managers are probably among our most hard-working employees. They actively MANAGE every single second that they’re on the job.
Experience This For Yourself
If this seems far-fetched to you, we invite you to see for yourself how we do things!