Frequently Asked Questions
…(& Their Answers)
- Not all remodeling contractors are created equal. Make sure you choose the right one.
- The warranty MATTERS. A LOT. Read the fine print.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Remodeling consumes a lot of time and energy – make sure you’re up for it.
- Be sure of what you want before you start remodeling. It’s much easier to make changes before your walls are a pile of rubble.
- Styles change but product quality doesn’t. When in doubt, choose the higher quality product instead of the more fashionable one.
- Nothing is too difficult for a really great contractor. Don’t be afraid to think big and stretch your imagination!
Again, that depends on how extensive your renovations are. Restyling can take as little as 2 to 5 days, but more extensive remodeling can take anywhere from 10 to 15 days or more.
Make sure to look into these areas before hiring a contractor:
- Experience: How many years of experience do they have?
- Employees: Do they hire subcontractors? Are their employees thoroughly screened and well-trained?
- Insurance: Do they maintain full liability coverage of at least $1 million dollars? Are all employees covered by worker’s compensation insurance?
- Warranty: What kind of warranty do they have? Is it legit?
- Products: Will you have options – or do they only stick with one or two manufacturers?
- Reviews: Do they have a decent amount of positive feedback from prior customers?
Once you’ve hired a contractor, make sure to ask them these important questions:
- Is there anything you need me to take care of before you start?
- What is the remodeling process going to look like?
- Do you offer financing options?
- How long will my remodeling project take?
- What happens if I’m not satisfied with some of your work?
If you’re looking for a remodeling company that will give you all the time, attention and energy you deserve, contact Remodelocity for a free quote!